Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The real reason I'm not posting so much...

I feel terrible that I haven't been posting like I used to, and I haven't been keeping tabs on all my bloggy friends. Just wanted to let you know, that my post will probably be sporatic in the next couple months...but I haven't forgotten you!!! See, my sweet mom was diagnosed with lung cancer recently, so I am planning to be travelling back and forth in the next few months.
I went up to see her over mother's day, cause she is just the best and wanted to celebrate her day!!! My brothers and myself and her grandchildren surprised her at a mother's day bbq. She was too thrilled to see us all together. We had a great time, laughing, playing whoofle baseball in the horse pasture. We were quite the site and out of shape . I don't know what was making more wheezing sounds the whoofle ball or me and my brothers!!!
Anyway, keep good thoughts for mom. We will find out next week how extensive the cancer is....and please, if you have a cough that won't go away. Get a chest xray!!! My mom has never smoked, ever....she went to three doctors in three years about her cough and they all said it was nothing...finally the last doctor asked for a chest xray! So if you know of someone...INSIST on a chest xray, even if they have never smoked!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like your mother has wonderful support from her beloved children. i pray for her health and that you may continue to have the strenght to support her.
    %*_*%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope things will all turn out fine with your mother. She is fortunate to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to you, your family and your sweet mommy! You all are in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete